FITNESS HUB 21 NUTRITION TIPS
|Vary fruits, vegetables, fats and protein sources to expose your body to as many nutrients as possible|
|LOW GI FRUIT – 2-3 X A DAY MAXIMUM|
|BREADS AND GRAINS – ELIMINATE WHERE POSSIBLE OR MAKE THE BEST CHOICES|
|Spelt or rye bread – for most its better to eat a couple of times a week|
|Brown, wild or red organic rice|
Oats – soaked in water overnight and cooked in the morning
|FATS – use a variety to provide the body with more nutrients|
|Organic cold pressed Coconut oil – (good for high heat)|
|Organic cold pressed olive oil – sainsburys do a good one|
|Organic cold pressed hemp seed oil – Sainsburys (keep in the fridge)|
|NUTS – SOAK IN WATER OVERNIGHT|
|VEGETABLES – NOT LIMITED TO THESE, EAT A WIDE VARIETY|
|Eat1.2-2g/kg a day, keep it varied and avoid any foods that bloats you or upsets your stomach|
LISAS TOP 10 RULES
- If you eat breakfast make sure its healthy – Lean protein, fruit and vegetables, maybe jumbo organic oats. E.g. 2 chicken thighs and 1 apple, 40g oats and 2 eggs, 2 egg omlette with mushrooms, tomato etc.
- Eat 2-4 meals a day spaced out (whatever number you desire)
- Eat a variety of vegetables, good fats and protein in each meal.
- Favour real carbs like grains, vegetables and fruits over refined and processed carbs.
- Eliminate or greatly reduce (1-2 times a week max) processed foods.
- Eliminate completely trans fats or hydrogenated fats from your diet (they are found in most processed cakes, biscuits and bars etc).
- Train 3-4 times a week (weights or intervals).
- Have a permissive meal 1-2 times a week – provided you are eating well. It will keep you sane.
- Work on ways to reduce stress levels – epsom salt baths, yoga, sauna etc
- Be in bed by 1030-11pm every day (8hrs sleep)
For maximum health I aim to eat more vegetables and fruit, increase my protein intake and choose better choices of carbs to help fuel my workouts
8 HEALTHY HABITS TO LIVE BY
- Plan your meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks)
- Get good sleep (length, quality, routine)
- Think positive thoughts about yourself and how you look – replace the bad thoughts with good ones
- Say positive things to yourself – change your self talk, be grateful
- Improve your digestion – increase knowledge of how to improve it and small steps we can make to improve it
- Is your training where it should be – number of sessions a week, intensity, need to stretch, strengthen etc in order to be healthier and fitter
- Drink enough water – are you drinking too much alcohol, tea or coffee
- Have a social life and enjoy yourself – get a hobby, go out with friends, go for a walk etc